ColourTile SEALER is a clear durable and hard wearing sealer that will protect and enhance your surface with a glossy “wet look” appearance. It has superior stain resistance to both oil and water based stains, non-yellowing and UV resistant to protect your surface to look better for longer. With the application of additional coats the surface will become glossier to your desired finish.
All surfaces must be structurally sound, solid, thoroughly clean and free of any release agents, paints, sealers, concrete laitance , patching compounds, dust, dirt oils and any other contaminant that could act as a bond breaker. The surface must be completely dry. All surface contamination and irregularities or stains existing at the time of coating will be evident and locked into the final finish.
Brick, concrete, stone, slate, masonry, concrete paver’s and cement based grouts.
- Stir well before and during use with a broad paddle or lightly shake the sealed container.
- Pour into a paint tray and apply by brush, lambs wool roller or a low volume spray applicator.
Do not pour the sealer directly onto the surface when applying by brush or roller. When spraying, back rolling is recommended to prevent puddles or ponding.
- Apply 2 event coats; apply the second coat at right angles for best results and finish with long even strokes in the same direction. Additional coats can be applied depending on preference, wear and desired gloss level. Subsequent coats will increase gloss level. Ensure adequate ventilation during use especially indoors.
- Should a non-slip surface be required the application of washed river sand can be broadcasted or sprinkled even over the wet sealer, allow to dry and gently sweep away the excess sand then follow by the application of a second coat of sealer.
Drying and Recoating
DRYING AND RE-COATING
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours drying time between coats.
- Allow a minimum of 3 hours before subjecting to foot traffic and a minimum of 24 hours before subjecting to vehicular traffic and 7 days for a full cure and maximum stain.
- Drying times will vary in cold or humid conditions.
- Do not apply if it is windy or the surface and air temperature is under 10 degrees Celsius or over 32 degrees Celsius or if freezing temperature could occur within 24 hours.
- This product will cover approximately 8m2 per litre per coat, depending on surface texture and porosity.
- Clean up all equipment in Xylene immediately on completion of the project.
- The shelf life of the product is 12 months when stored in a dry place in the original unopened packaging, at 23 degrees Celsius and 50% relative humidity.
- This sealer is flammable please refer to the Safety Data Sheet/SDS. This sealer is not intended for areas with heavy traffic, such as commercial or industrial applications.
- Not suitable for non-porous surfaces including previously sealed and polished surfaces, steel floated surfaces high traffic (commercial) or service areas. For wet areas including swimming pool surrounds please contact our Technical Service Department.
- Avoid sealing driveways and paths during the heat of the day, as this may prevent penetration and adhesion of this product.
- Avoid sealing when dew or rain is likely.
- The sealer will not waterproof the surface being sealed. Stains should be removed immediately. It is recommended to test the sealer in a small inconspicuous area to determine the suitability over the substrate for penetration and adhesion.
Flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful when in contact with skin and if inhaled. Causes eye and skin irritation (the use of personal Protective Equipment is required). May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Do not release into the environment, harmful to aquatic life with long last effects. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. Ensure adequate ventilation during use. Call the Poisons Information Centre on 131 126 (Australia) and 0800 764 766 (New Zealand) or call a doctor if you feel unwell or if swallowed., Do not induce vomiting. Wash immediately with plenty of water if material enters the eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Additional information is in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) at https://colourtile.com.au.
Contains: Xylene, 1330-20-7, 30-<60%, Napahtha Petroleum, Light Aromatic Solvent, 64742-95-6, 10-<25%, Ethylbenzene, 100-41-4, 10-<20%.
Disposal: Do not allow material to enter drains or other watercourses. Absorb spills with sand or other inert material. Unwanted sealer should be kept in a sealed container, and disposed of via special waste collection services. Check with your local Council regarding the disposal of empty sealer containers.